Techdirt has an item on an election in Keene, NH that required a hand recount because a misprogrammed electronic voting machine improperly discarded ballots. Fortunately, these were not the more widespread kind of direct recording electronic (DRE) voting machines that do not create a paper trail, so the hand recount was possible.
Sunday, March 26, 2006
- Name: Jim Horning
- Location: Palo Alto, California, United States
Hooked on computing since 1959.
My other blogsVirtual Bumper Stickers
The way it was
- Another F in Computer Security
- The Electronic Voting Mess Persists
- Digital Rights Management Principles
- Spam declining?
- Phishing: The scams proliferate.
- Some scandals fade away...
- Voter Registration Database Guidelines:Accuracy, P...
- Diebold Voting Hack Demonstrated
- '05 Annual Performance Evaluation for Albert E.
- Urgent message: U.S. squandering economic leadersh...