Friday, July 07, 2006

This is not a spam blog

Starting yesterday, Blogger (Google) has required me to pass their "Word Verification" (CAPTCHA) for each new post to this blog, since "Blogger's spam-prevention robots have detected that your blog has characteristics of a spam blog." They're not specific about what these characteristics are.

Although their explanation is courteous, they are firm that "Before we can turn off mandatory word verification on your posts we'll need to have a human review your blog and verify that it is not a spam blog." Robots can apparently put a blog on the list, but only a human can remove it.

Just to be clear, I am a real human being. I'm opinionated, and my posts are fallible, but my sole purpose is to share information that I think is interesting, and I hope my readers (bleaders? :-) find it to be so. I am not trying to entice anyone to buy or sell anything, or even to click on any ads. (Maybe that last is why Google thinks I'm abberant? :-)

Jim Horning

1 Comments:

Comment by Blogger mediaon review:

The same problem with my blog.
I have uploaded 3 or 4 new Posts at once and pow - welcome to the Spam Blog Family!

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< NIASAWHIWB Home